Adventure Christian Church
May 21, 2020
The Leadership is pleased to announce we will be “reopening” for worship gatherings on Sunday, June 7! Praise God!
It’s hard to believe that by the time we gather again we will have been online-only for eleven weeks. But, I want us to make a distinction. While we haven’t met together as a church in a building, you have still been the church! (You may want to read that sentence again.) Your faithfulness in giving, worshiping, praying, and caring for one another never stopped. That’s the difference between having a religion and living for Christ. Praise God for all He has done for us and all you do for the Kingdom.
While it’s exciting to begin our gatherings again I want you to know it’s going to look and feel a little different. Like many churches in our community and nation our approach will be a phased approach. You will find three sections below that will explain our reopening: What you can expect, what we will do, and what we ask you to do.
What You Can Expect
- Two worship services only: 8:45AM and 11:00AM
- No greeting time in the service
- We will use pre-packaged communion cups with bread you can pick up from a table in the back of the auditorium as you arrive
- Giving can be placed in the boxes in the back of the auditorium at your convenience
- Seating arrangements will be different to adhere to social distancing
- Auditorium doors will remain open even during the worship service
- Unfortunately, starting back we will have no nursery or children’s ministry since it is difficult in these environments to practice social distancing. To help we are providing Bible coloring and activity pages and crayons to keep kids occupied. We encourage families to view this as an opportunity for family worship.
- No Bible Fellowship classes
- No café
What We Will Do
- We will sanitize before and after each worship service (door handles, bathrooms, etc.)
- Change seating arrangements in the auditorium to adhere to proper social distancing guidelines
- Eliminate unnecessary physical contact between individuals
- Keep as many doors open as possible to minimize touching of handles
What We Ask of You
- Please stay home if you have any symptoms
- If you prefer, please wear a mask or face covering, although it is not required
- If you have hand sanitizer, please bring it and use it
- Adhere to safe social distancing – avoiding unnecessary physical contact
- Please do not crowd and congregate in the lobby
- Sit with people in your household, honoring social distancing guidelines with non-family
- Keep three empty seats between parties
- If you have a water bottle, please bring it. The water fountain will be closed as well as the café
I know that sounds like a lot to digest. It’s a lot of change. In all of this, the leadership asks one more big thing from all of our church family: Please show grace to the staff and leadership. There’s no playbook for something like this. We are simply doing our best. Please show understanding to others around you knowing each person in worship may take different precautions than you might. Please show patience as we phase in different elements of programming.
Thank you for your continued faithfulness to God and His Church. We can’t wait for June 7!
STEPS FOR ONLINE GIVING:
Below are step-by-step directions on how to give online. It’s free, easy, and takes about two minutes. We have also posted a how-to video on our Facebook page.
Step 1: Go to our website, www.adventurechristian.com
Step 2: Click the “Online Giving” tab at the top of the page
Step 3: Click “Donate”
Step 4: Choose “General Fund”, choose an amount, choose how to give (credit card or banking info), and provide the payment information
Step 5: Click “Give” at the bottom of the page
Step 6: You will receive your giving receipt in your email inbox